Custom Bag: Commuter Bag | Waxed Canvas and Leather | Black
Happy Friday Everyone! I just want to show you a Commuter Bag that I recently made. It’s the 2nd one that I’ve made (the 1st one is charcoal grey and black). This one is an all black one. Sorry if the pictures are a bit grainy. It’s really hard to photograph black.
This bag is a custom order for Caitlin in Manchester, England. She’s a bag enthusiast and this is her 4th Modern Coup bag. Caitlin is very special to me because she is my very 1st customer. I feel like I’ve followed her journey a bit with our short conversations while discussing her bag orders. She’s actually from Connecticut, USA and went over to Manchester to do her masters degree in Museum Studies. She has now finished her degree and is starting a new job there and she just got engaged! She ordered this bag to celebrate her success and I’m humbled that she chose my bags, once again, for this milestone.
As I said before, I REALLY like this bag. It’s a great portable size, it’s functional and looks great. When things slow down a bit (whenever that is) I’m going to make one for myself. Let’s get to the specs:
- Size: 14.5″ wide x 12″ tall x 5″ deep
- I added 2 exterior front slip pockets
- The body of the bag is water resistant lightly waxed canvas
- Hand-held straps and shoulder straps are bridle leather
- It has a full brass zipper top closure
- There are 4 interior pockets:
- 2 water bottle pockets (also great for folded umbrellas, slim thermos, rolled up clothing, etc)
- 1 large front pocket
- 1 small pocket to easily access your phone, wallet, keys, etc.
- The shoulder strap is adjustable with a solid brass pin buckle. I punched 8 holes on the strap so you can wear it on your shoulder or across the body
The Commuter Bag can only be custom ordered at this time. If you’re interested in one like this, please contact me via email (cathy[at]moderncoup.com) or through my Etsy Shop. Thanks!
Share your thoughts