This summer, we saw the start of travel again after the slowing pandemic. A few customers told me that they have been waiting for a couple of years to order a new bag. One such customer is Cayenne in Seattle, Washington.
Cayenne is actually one of my previous customers. About 3 years ago, she ordered a Medium Utility Tote in black and told me she used it everyday. Now, she’s starting to travel for work again and saw a custom Large Carrier Tote I made previously. She wanted that with a few adjustments.
Basically, Cayenne wanted another Utility Tote in black, but larger and with loads of customizations. Firstly, as you can see from the photo above, she added backpack straps to it. This is a great option if you like to roam around town hands free.
This is the Large Utility Tote which comes with a crossbody strap and hand-held short straps.
- It has 2 exterior outside pockets with a key ring in one of them
- A full YKK brass zipper top closure (important when you stow it under the seat in front of you)
- It is the maximum size for a personal carry-on for most airlines
Cayenne’s personalization was also added. You can do this to any Modern Coup item (3 capital letters max.)
Since Cayenne is also using this bag for travel, an optional luggage strap is necessary. To add to this, she also wanted a pocket on it for storing her phone/passport temporarily. I find that this is especially useful while you’re getting everything ready to go through security.
When I designed my first bag, interior pockets was a must. The large size has a total of 7 pockets:
- 2 bottle size (also good for glasses case and folded umbrellas)
- 1 large
- 2 medium
- 2 large exterior pockets
Cayenne wanted to add an extra interior zipper pocket for her important belongings. So this bag is jammed packed with 9 pockets! (remember there’s that small luggage strap phone/passport pocket)
Size: 18.5 in. W x 14 in. H x 6 in. D (47 cm x 35.5 cm x 15 cm)
- Fits a 15″ laptop
- Made out of water resistant lightly waxed canvas
- Cotton twill interior
- Italian vegetable tanned leather straps
- Solid brass hardware
- backpack straps
- luggage strap
- cell phone/passport pocket on luggage strap (please contact to add this. Can’t be ordered from online shop)
- interior zipper pocket (please contact to add this. Can’t be ordered from online shop)
Custom bags usually take up to 2 weeks to complete before shipping. Since I’m the only maker, when an order is placed it goes straight to my custom order schedule.
Bags without customizations take 5-7 business days to complete.
As always, please contact me if there’s anything I can help you with.
Thanks for coming by. -Cat